The Phantom VEO4K 990 provides the highest pixel resolution in a rugged and compact housing, available in two body styles. The S-style housing increase the flexibility by adding options for a variety of industries while still delivering highly detailed 9.4 Mpx images.
The VEO4K 990 brings the high imaging standards of the Phantom Flex4K to scientific and research related applications for motion analysis. The compact body allows for portability and unrestricted camera configurations including microscopes and multiple-camera rigs.
Available in color or monochrome, the 35mm 4K sensor delivers images at 9 Gpx/s with low image noise. This ensures that researchers can analyze fine details without compromising speed or other functionality.
The Phantom VEO4K 990 can utilize Nikon, PL, C, and Canon EF (with electronic control) mounts. The ability to easily change lens mounts on location adds to the flexibility of the VEO4K 990 and increases usability without excessive downtime.
The VEO4K 990 has two housing options. Both styles have sealed electronics to ensure that airflow does not allow dust and other environmental hazards onto the sensitive components. The L (light, found in laboratory settings) and the S (full, found where extra controls and features are needed) are made from milled aluminum and are lightweight (6 lbs/2.8 kg), and have been ruggedized to increase durability in harsh environments.
- 938 fps at 4096 x 2304
- Exposure Index Range:
- Global Shutter Mode:
640 – 3200 Color
5000 – 25000 Mono
- Rolling Shutter Mode:
320 – 1600 Color
2000 – 10000 Mono
- 36 or 72GB
- SDI and HDMI video outputs
- S-Model Includes:
CFast 2.0 media
12V battery input
- Programmable I/O
- 10Gb Ethernet Option
- Cine Raw file format
What’s in the box?
- Power supply with XLR extender
- Ethernet Cable
- Mini-SDI video cable
*Printed Manual and PCC Software CD available upon request.
4096 x 2304
4096 x 2160
4096 x 1152
2048 x 2048
2048 x 1152
2048 x 1080
Common resolutions and frame-rates, other resolutions available.
- Phantom VEO cameras are compact, rugged and full of premium features. The 990 model captures up to 938 frames-per-second at 9.4 megapixel resolution.
- Programmable I/O, SDI video, Canon EOS lens support and optional CFast 2.0 recording media are just a few of the features you will appreciate.
- Available in both L and S styles.
- 9 Gpx/second
- Max speed at full resolution of 4096 x 2304 is 938 fps
- At 4096 x 2160 max speed is 1000 fps
- At 2048 x 1080 max speed is 1977 fps
- Minimum frame rate of 24 fps
- CMOS sensor
- 12-bit pixel depth
- 4096 x 2304 pixels
- 6.75 µm pixel size
- 27.6 mm x 15.5 mm
- Super-35mm; 31.7mm diagonal
- Super-16mm format at 1920 x 1080
- Global Shutter (GS): Base ISO 5000T Mono.
- Rolling Shutter (RS): Base ISO 320T Color; 2000T Monochrome
- Recommended Exposure Index range: 1000-1600 Color; 10,000-20,000 (GS); 4000 - 8000 (RS) Monochrome
- 5 μs minimum exposure.
- Global shutter (default).
- Exposure Index (E.I.) for controlling apparent ISO
- VEO4K also supports rolling shutter mode for increased dynamic range and limited need for black reference. In rolling shutter mode the scan time is 1-millisecond.
- 36 GB, 72 GB high-speed internal RAM
- On-board removable CFast 2.0 cards (S-models) up to 256GB
- 6 seconds at maximum frame rate, largest resolution and into maximum internal memory
- 10Gb Ethernet (optional)
- Segment memory for up to 63 cines in multi-cine mode
- Continuous recording
- Programmable I/O
- HD-SDI and HDMI video
- Event marking
- Frame timestamp (IRIG SMPTE or MISP)
- IRIG in/out (modulated and unmodulated)
- 7.5 μs straddle time
- Standard Internal mechanical shutter for automatic/remote Current Session Reference (CSR)
- One 12 VDC, 12W auxiliary power port
- Secondary IP address
- Field-based firmware upgrades
- Programmable trigger location (pre/post trigger recording)
- Trigger from camera body or via software
- Trigger from on-camera controls (S-models)
- Hardware trigger BNC
- High Voltage (HV) trigger compatible
Timing and Synchronization
- Frame synchronization to internal or external clock (FSYNC)
- IRIG in/out (modulated or unmodulated)
- SMPTE time code support
- Dedicated Trigger and Timecode In BNCs on camera body
- Range Data input on S-model camera body (Fischer)
- Programmable I/O ports includes adjustable (assign and define) signals including F-sync, strobe, event, trigger output, ready and more
- Control and download connections
- 1Gb Ethernet (standard)
- 10Gb Ethernet (optional)
- Fischer port on S-models; RJ45 port on L-models
- On-Camera Controls (OCC) on S-model camera
- Phantom Camera Control (PCC)
- SDK available
- 3G HD-SDI and HDMI on all VEO models.
- Additional 3G HD-SDI BNC port on back of S-model.
- Supports up to 1080p60.
- Nikon F-mount standard, supports F & G style lenses
- Canon EOS mount optional (compatible with Flex4K-style EOS mount).
- PL-mount optional (compatible with v-Series PL mount)
- C-mount optional (VEO-4K specific)
- White Balance
- Tone curve
- Color matrix
- Image flip and rotate
- National Instruments M- and X-Series DAQ modules with integrated support in PCC
- Basic measurements via Phantom Application:
- Angles and Angular Speed
- Manual and Automatic point collection for target tracking
- Compatible with 3rd party solutions
Supported File Formats
- Cine RAW, Cine Compressed, AVI, h.264 mp4, Apple ProRes .mov, Multipage TIFF, MXF PAL, MXF NTSC, Uncompressed QuickTime, Windows BMP, OS/2 BMP, PCX, TGA, TIFF, LEAD, JPEG, JTIF, RAW, DNG, DPX
- 100 - 240 VAC, 16-32 VDC via primary power input.
- 80 Watt 24V power supply included
- Secondary power input, down to 12V via capture port on S-model cameras
- Size (without lens): 5.0 x 5.5 x 6 inches (L x W x H); 12.7 x 14 x 15
- Weight: 6 lbs (2.5 kg)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C - +50°C
Ships Standard With
- Power supply
- Ethernet cable
- SDI DIN Cable
- Phantom PCC software
- Getting Started Guide
- Canon EOS lens mount
- Handle & Cheese plates
- V-Lock and Gold-mount side Battery mounts (S-model)
- Cameo VEObob for added power outputs and remote port (S-model)
- Case with custom foam
Pelican Case for Phantom Camera and Acessories
Pelican 1510 case with handle and wheels - Black. Custom foam accommodates the Phantom camera with cables and small lens.
Mounts directly to the top of Phantom VEO and VEO-E cameras with two 1/4x20 mounting points are included for attaching accessories like on-camera monitors or a small light. Comes with required hardware and attachment tool
VEO CAMEO Essential Mounting Kit
The VEO Essential Mounting Kit includes the following cine-style components: Cameo Handle, Cameo Riser, 2 Cheese plates, Rosette bar. Components are also available separately.
Battery mount for VEO
12V Battery mount for Phantom VEO S-Model cameras. Mounts to the side of camera using a cheese plate (included) and connects to Capture port on back of camera. Compatible with common 12-14.4V batteries. Available as V-Lock (pictured) and as Anton Bauer Gold mount.
Note: These are ONLY compatible with VEO S-model cameras (not VEO-L)
Pickle Switch, 6' (2m) Cable
Pickle Switch. Connect to the Trigger port on camera or Capture cable, breakout box or Mini-BOB for manually triggering a camera with the press of a button.
Miro J-Box Adapter cable
Adapter cable to connect Miro C321, C320, C210, VEO, Miro LC/R/M to system cable for use with Miro J-Box 2.0.